Management Center Innsbruck
Erasmus University Rotterdam
University of Oslo
University of Bologna
Soft skills are the new hard skills.
Eu-HEM, the European Master in Health Economics & Management prepares students to be employed in staff and executive positions in an international context. A key to a career in this sector is awareness of the societal relevance of healthcare in different countries and societies.
The Real Life Simulation/Training is an activity that provides students the opportunity to train their ability and to contribute to and lead intercultural teams.
Global economies need international approaches to obvious societal challenges. Given the shift to the need for a more European cooperation in the social and health sector, it is more important than ever to be prepared to work in an international environment. Whether in public administrations, nonprofit organizations, or other fields, being able to contribute to and lead intercultural teams is of central importance to personal success, organizational sustainability, and European stability.
To provide a floor that allows future "health leaders"
(1) to explore an area of social- and/or health policy and economics in depth.
(2) to understand the nature of teams in an international and intercultural context and the conditions required for their effectiveness.
(3) to examine the nature and characteristic of interpersonal conflict and to identify and minimize the conditions leading to conflict.
(4) to prepare themselves for an international role or work in an international context.
The Real Life Simulation (RLS) project includes the following ingredients:
(1) ~40 highly committed students who prepare to enter a career in an international context starting into the RLS in October 2016
(2) Real Life assignments by different organizations in the European social and health sector. Results will be submitted by the end of November 2016
(3) Coaching by a dedicated faculty team from different European universities throughout the whole RLS
(4) Participation of students in different European conferences to network and explore the topics related to the assignments in October 2016 (e.g. the World Health Summit in Berlin).
(5) Reflection of individual experiences and Workshop on "Career & Life Management" to support the participants' next career step in March 2017
Students from the European Master in Health Economics & Management and MCI's master program International Health & Social Management.
Real Life partner organizations from the European Social and Health Sector.
~10 faculty members who jointly design and run the RLS
... and finally for a growing number of future employers of health leaders in national and international organizations and the citizens they serve.
Together the following aspects are unique:
Combining the training of hard skills and soft skills in a practice context and to prepare future leaders for serving citizens in an intercultural and international context.
Combining academic education with a real life experiences in a program run by four universities from four different European countries.
Bridging future graduates into their careers by providing real life contacts with representatives from different practice organizations.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
20.000 € for 40 students visiting different European conferences to build their personal professional Network and to Research within the Real Life Simulation 20.000 € for travel and accomodation for 8 faculty members & 6 project Partners from the European social and health sector 11.000 € personnel costs (project managment) 10.000 € fees and honoraries for coaching & teaching 8.000 € for public relations, including elements like business cards for students visiting international conferences