The Institute of Philosophy of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
Travel guide-quest, which aims to familiarity with the idea of Europe through learning the history of philosophy.
Ruhr, Essen, Thuringia
There is a cliché that philosophy - it's quite boring. We want to debunk this myth and show that the European academic philosophy can be entertaining and useful. It all depends on the form through which it is broadcast.
The new option of (self)education that can be used not only by Europeans, but by all the travelers will contribute to deconstruct negative cultural myths and stereotypes about the idea of Europe and European values.
This idea has no geographical boundaries. Such intellectual journey can be effectively applied in any country for any cultural sphere. For us it is important to promote the philosophical ideas that created the modern image of Europe. A form of the game helps to attract the younger generation to what really matters today.
We expect the project to:
- find out the new way of (self)education, combining elements of travel-quest, which will make the philosophical ideas familiar and intelligible. As a result of the passage of the quest abstract philosophical categories come close to real life, which will build a future based on the achievements of the past, preserving traditions.
- define a new form of interaction between teachers and students, as well as a form of self-education and non-formal education.
As a result, we obtain an educational option that allows you to get new knowledge outside the academic audience.
To implement the project is expected to:
- identify the most iconic figures that influenced the development of the idea of Europe;
- develop the routes of important geographical places;
- create tasks, quest scenarios, algorithms to solve them, writing synopsis;
- design a new free Internet-based platform and its mobile version, which include routes, synopses, assignments, chat with other participants of the quest.
- post-production activity for promoting and popularization the resource.
Project duration: 18 months. We want to start the realization of the project as fast as possible!
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
We are open for collaboration with European partners.