Society for the Study of Human Sciences
“Overcoming Borders” challenges people to discover through art that their everyday practices can create a democratic European society.
In our Project we hold that sustainable societies must foster the democratic ideals. We want to stress that people in their everyday practices throughout Europe face the same problems but also envision the future of their societies in accordance to the democratic values. We believe that the use of art and the sense of playing create a distinctive way of participating creatively in everyday life. By offering people the initiative to be creative we challenge them to see their societies in a different way and to communicate with each other despite the differences in their socio-cultural environments.
Our aim is to reinforce the sense of community and the creativity of European citizens by the combined use of art, social media and crucial socio-political democratic concepts through an innovative and original idea. The best outcome of “Overcoming Borders” Project will be to underpin European citizens’ socio-political participation by means of creative art games and thus start a dialogue in order to stress the issues that connect Europe.
• Launch “Overcoming Borders” Website- month 1
• Create five short films and upload them on the website- month 1- month 6
• Pilot application with an open call to greek citizens through the website and the social media; they will be asked to create and send their own art products in digital form- month 6 – month 8
• Disseminate the call in all European countries through the website and social media; European citizens will be asked to create and send their own art products in digital form - month 8- month 15
• Collect and categorize the art products- month 6- month 15
• Present the results through the website and social media - month 15- month 17
Funding requested from Advocate Europe