In the year of the Italian Expo, we want to realize a performance about food and a book of "symbolic" recipes, involving participants from all EU countries, in order to vehiculate the importance of food habits and values for conviviality, friendship, exchange, interculturality, deep feelings
We think that this is an important idea in order to vehiculate deep values and feelings linked to food throughout Europe, increasing mutual knowledge, friendship and tolerance. This is not a simple project about recipes, but connecting knowledge, interculturality, social cohesion and performative and visual arts, so we think this is a very complex and original idea. And think as well that other countries or organizations can use these methods in order to spread out knowledge about their cultures through food.
With this project we'll be able to spread the fire about the idea of a united Europe, exchanging deep cultural values about conviviality, friendship, exchange, gift, love, interculturality, cultural hibridity, collective memories. We'll spread about not only recipes but also all these deep values. This initiative will give a contribution in order to spread about and enhance tolerance, interculturality, friendship, cultural exchange in Europe, and knowledge of other European countries' culture.
- Workshops about food: memories, senses, feelings, embodied knowledge, intercultural recipes.
- Performance about food: talking about food, preparing different recipes, using different kitchen instruments from different countries.
- Shooting a documentary about the performance
- Writing a book of intercultural recipes with participants' photographs
- Setting up a site with the documentary and the recipee book.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
We hope to receive interesting feedbacks and suggestions from the others on the platform, as well as proposals of partnership concerning this project.