"Socio Club" Social and Information NGO
Art and cuisine... Is there a better way to know Europe?
Today it is a time of political and economic unrest. The political and economic relations are changing. It is utmost important for Europe to show that part of it that has gone through turmoils and still created something valuable. We want to show THE Europe that has gone through two world wars and meantime created art and preserved its identity. We don't think we are the first group to advocate Europe through art. We add elements of coarse, like kids in national clothes and national cuisine. We think at this time for Armenia such project can only be beneficial for the national mentality. In case of success, the project can be adapted or copied by other organisations that work on European issues in Armenia. We will also try to build networks with European organisations.
We want attitude change. We want Armenian people to see Europe as a space of valuable civilization with different aspects of national heritage. We want people to stop viewing Europe that can only damage tradition. We want them to appreciate also what is valuable. We will apply to our beneficiaries to see what they learned, what they felt, why is it important, what is it that changed? We will come up with the report on our evaluation results.
The project will run 12 months, with bimonthly events.
These are the steps we want to take:
- promote events on facebook
- organise events, including art specialist lecturing on different arts of specific European countries. We will use visual aids that will be distributed and decorated in the room. We also want to have two kids in national clothes.
- serve one dish (salad or some other food) of that country at the end of the event
- distribute leaflets on that country
- invite embassy person to the event if there is such embassy in Yerevan
Funding requested from Advocate Europe