Infinite Opportunities Association (IOA)
You want to change the world. Today. Congratulations, you have come to the right place! Youthlandia is the ideas hub for young people across Europe who wish to commit to social entrepreneurship. Already intoxicated? Then join us in matching the puzzle of your project idea with the resources.
Youthlandia is an innovative pilot initiative that can grow with its target group – young people aged 16+ and their ideas to change the world. The proposal’s value lies in its direct interaction with young people online, there where they spend nowadays 99% of their time combined with a game-based process of developing/mentoring a startup following John Dewey’s method and its pragmatic trend – not to start from the most complex theory but from the individual interests and their development by means of consultation. The concept is easily transferable to other realities, including different European countries by matching existing players, i.e. NGOs, activists and volunteers with specific social contexts. It provides an effective instrument for encouraging youth reactiveness and development.
Ideally, in a year from now young people would start to recognize Youthlanida as a cool place, their ideas domain space, i.e. the online resource pl@tform for youth initiatives should have gone viral across social networks and young people online meeting places and apps. So viral that if one comes up with a social innovation, one would directly log in to seek professional advice/support/consultation to proceed further.
Hopefully by then, Youthlandia should have also collected a serious number of professionals volunteering their expertise to challenge the existing social imperfections and status quo. The platform should be performing as a match-making database creating links and establishing mutually beneficial partnerships between youth and their mentors.
• Design, develop and launch the platform by Jan 2016, incl. platform architecture and graphic design; content management and project cycle logic incorporated; parallel online publicity campaign via popular youth apps and networks;
• Professional feed and establishing mentor strands, collecting NGOs registrations and causes that need support (Oct ’15-Jan ’16);
• Introducing Youthalnadia - ideas feed box and a youth launch hub offering a step-by-step process to young people aged 16 + wishing to change the world. Today. Jan-Aug 2016;
• Public announcement of first class of youth initiatives, presenting concepts, donor recruitment and NGO partnerships made (Sept 2016);
• Mentoring the implementation (Sept-Nov 2016); Further promotion of the platform and development of the next class of youth
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
We are welcoming lessons learned from similar hubs as well as feedback and inspirational ideas on how to get as close as possible to our main target audience outside the planned presence in apps and SN.