On Common Road Association
Our mission is to strengthen community action and the culture of volunteerism in the region; to connect volunteers, social good organizations and responsible businesses to carry out projects that increase social impact and organizational sustainability. We believe in volunteering projects which create win-win-win situations - benefitng the society, participating individuals and supportive companies - and providing an enriching experience for all involved.
Launcing in Hungary + aiming to share the concept, methodology and platform in other countries
Volunteering offers expressive opportunities for the community and for participants. Well-scoped volunteer projects not only increase organizational capacity to solve collective problems but provides deep transformative experience that lead to long-term changes at the individual and community levels
- social participation and community action;
- capacity of social good organizations.
More cross-sectoral collaborations, knowledge transfer/exchange.
Improved community relation and trust in the non-profit sector.
Better public understanding of the mutual benefits of volunteering.
1. Platform development: so that it can be easier to get matched and that achieved results, impact can be visible and traceable.
2. Sharing knowledge and providing assistance: so that people can take part in well-scoped, achievable projects and that well-prepared, motivitated partners can cooperate.
3. Community building (events, meet-ups, trainings, social media campaigns): bring people together and strenghten shared values and mutual commitment to work together for the common good,
Our team have several years of work experience from for-profit and non-profit sector and have been volunteering in various ways for many different organizations. We'd like to make easier for everyone to get involved or involve others in social good projects and to track the impact they create.
Volunteers (special focus on students and corporate volunteers)
Social good organizations
Companies with community engagement program
Idea owners who need support (capacity, financial, knowledge based
We are open to any feedback and advice, we would be happy to find partners to share best practices and lessons learned. Thank you for your time and interest!