“Civil Activity Lab” Foundation
Yourope is an entertaining strategy game which provides knowledge from various areas for the European countries using a competitive element between the players.
Connection and understanding through shared entertaining is the added value which the european civil society needs in order to be truly united. By learning new useful and interesting information about our neighbour countries people have the power to know each other better, to communicate more effective, to find solutions together. Yourope itself has many advantages: 1. Innovation. Our research among more than 1100 games shows a lack of equivalent. 2. Educational element which provides fundamental knowledge about the European countries in a modern way. 3. Community that develops the initiative. 4. Opportunity to play in teams which develops the communication, discipline and leadership. 5. Online and mobile versions of the game as a software product provides many opportunities for growth.
1. Min. 500 000 players per year creating 12 500 questions (Avg. twice as much).
2. Questions and players from at least 12 countries per year.
3. 12 languages in which the game could be played.
After a year since the start of Yourope, hundreds of thousands europeans are going to know more about the different European countries, about each other. Moreover, a community is build through a shared knowledge and entertainment. This community is creating on a daily basis useful and interesting information which is implemented into the game. Using a specific lean method and the support of the created community, new countries (and languages) are added at regular intervals of time.
(*) Note: The numbers written are based on a research of online games with similar gameplay.
We use lean start up and game design methodologies. The steps in year one:
1. Building an MVP for early adopters and testing it in English, German and Spanish (09.2015).
2. Integrating the gathered feedback and releasing version 1.0 browser with the same languages (11.2015).
a) Content creation (questionnaires).
b) Software development.
d) Sound and effects.
e) Initial marketing.
f) Servers and maintenance.
3. Release of Facebook version 1.5 (01.2016).
4. Localization in nine more countries /languages/ (01-06.2016).
1. Localization in at least twelve more European countries.
2. Releasing of mobile versions for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Feedback. We truly believe that the feedback both positive and negative only may develop any idea. Another thing we hope to get are different contacts and connections with foreign non-governmental organizations, entrepreneurs in the field of social entrepreneurship interested in similar initiatives.