AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.
Former exchange students will form a network of young changemakers across Europe that initiate change in their local environment, inspired by an inner European exchange experience. The network will gather once a year to provide peer-to peer support, and to inspire the next generation of changemakers
Brussels, Belgium, home cities of participants in over 20 countries
This idea is a truly European idea and will reach more than 20 countries in Europe and beyond. In a Europe that currently seems to drift further apart with nationalistic ideas gaining popularity, it is essential to bring Europe closer to people on local level. With this project we focus on young Europeans who experienced Europe to bring local change to their community. The ultimate beneficiaries are local communities who get a positive notion of Europe and experience how Europe can benefit them personally.The idea can spread to any other European country and is meant to make a sustainable change, as the changes made now will be incorporated in the future to ensure a long-term impact. The network of changemakers can grow every year with a new generation of ECTP alumni joining.
Through this project we aim at creating a sustainable network of young changemakers that supports itself and has an impact on local communities. Not only will the project have a significant impact on ECTP itself, which would change in design and focus, but it would increase its impact far beyond the individual exchange experience. We will empower young Europeans to take local action and become an active part in society. The project will connect Europe through people that have experienced Europe and gained new insight into problem solving, bringing back European ideas and solutions to local issues they are passionate about (e.g. at school, in the environment, in public spaces)
- build on the existing ECTP Exchange with its annual influx of 250 young Europeans
- create a solid structure for a growing community of changemakers to rely on and train and inspire new changemakers on a peer to peer level
- involve volunteers from different European countries in supporting this community
- use both online tools and in person events to connect, inspire and support changemaking projects
- create and distribute accompanying materials for exchange participants, nudging them to become changemakers
Funding requested from Advocate Europe