Patriciai Adkins Chiti
FONDAZIONE ADKINS CHITI: DONNE IN MUSICA
Good vibrations for body and mind come from music written by women.
Women have always created music helping others to express themselves and connect to the world; now their original interactive programme introduces New Music to the mentally sick, often segregated or isolated.
Creative musical activity and its complex relation to society are poorly recognized by cultural policy. Promoting the mobility of European performers and composers contributes to their artistic development and is essential for the circulation of their ideas and works across linguistic and national borders, giving all wider access to cultural diversity. Circulation of new music offers new perspectives, challenging the individual and collective mind to understand and live in complexity with access to a different musical landscape. By taking and presenting new music to the mentally sick we are passing on a very clear message: this music is wonderful, a part of life and good vibrations for body and mind come from that composed by women.
1. Present and teach an energetic format to Swedish “Clubhouses and members” and Women in Music Organisations
2. Quantify and qualify the differences in the “club members” and their reactions to the music and composers at the end of the first year.
3. Receive requests from other centres outside the Swedish Clubhouse network and requests for participation from composers and performers across EU.
4. Receive attention from press and media so that the general public understands that good vibrations for body and mind also come from music written by women
5. Have beneficiaries asking for more, more and more music telling us how this makes them feel better
6. Repeat final concert in another European country or in Bruxelles to promote our message
1. Start-up in Sweden with Women in Music organisations and “Club houses” to confirm venues, dates, roles.
2. Creation programme (music, new works, performers, composers, contracts) and organisation travel and hospitality.
3. Creation website space and social media activities with “Club members”.
4. Invite Swedish partners to first concert in Italy.
5. Verification half-way in Sweden by Donne in Musica and Itaca
6. Completion of series and repetition of final concert in Bruxelles or other EU city.
7. Final meeting in Rome to prepare final report, including participation of club members, expectations, results and continuation.
8. Numbers first year: 20 interactive events Italy and Sweden, 25 pmusicians and composers from 11 EU countries, 50 new works, reaching 1200 "club members
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
In the last four years Donne in Musica and Club Itaca Roma have shared many important emotional moments thanks to the interactive presentations of music and before and after these. Our shared community lives, learns, and matures as a whole, sharing important moments. We want to pass this on …...