Fondazione Adkins Chiti Donne in Musica
Fondazione Adkins Chiti: Donne in Musica
UN’s High Commission for Human Rights celebrates 70th Anniversary of Signing of Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Fondazione Adkins Chiti: Donne in Musica organising a “Global Call for New Music” reaching women composers of all ages, nationalities and musical backgrounds. Works chosen by International Reading Commission presented in Grand GALA in Rome in November 2018. Culture, politics and power are interlinked: culture is critical to inform and and shape our values, attitudes, identity.
The call will circulate to girls and women in EVERY country in world.
With #ME TOO women's role in society is more openly discussed. Yet big decision making , recognition, prizes, names dominating largest stages, still feature men with enormous obstacles for women composers and songwriters .Political intentions in music are symbolic of social change.
Gender inequality in music is global. By empowering women composers we influence, change public opinion, set trends and affect behaviour. Major visibility ensures we also programme music by women of all ages. We need democratic freedom for music and creativity.
1. Appeals to Ministries of Education, networks for conservatories and universities + women's organisations around Europe so a "Global Call for Scores" ensures empowerment to every girl and woman.
2. End January: call circulation for scores in 8 languages (including Arabic)
3. End July: 12 works chosen for performance, recording and TV presentation.
4. November: Grand Gala in Rome with Director General High Commission Human Rights.
5. 2019: music placed online and CD produced
The fundamental role of women in the creation and transmission of cultural heritage and the creation and practice of music belongs not only to a people or culture, but humanity. New music emphasizes the right of all girls and women to express themselves freely.
WOMEN ARE ENTITLED TO EQUAL SPACE IN ALL MUSIC PROGRAMMING AND ARTISTIC ENDEAVOURS;
BENEFICIARIES: ALL GIRLS AND WOMEN CAPABLE OF CREATING MUSIC (OF ALL KINDS).
STAKEHOLDERS: FESTIVALS, ORCHESTRAS, RADIO, TV, MUSIC PRESENTERS, PUBLISHERS, RECORD COMPANIES
names and emails for women composers of all ages working in all fields so they can participate in our global call