Peace Museum Vienna
“Peace Heroes are the new superstars. Become a Peace Hero too!”
At Peace Museum Vienna we educate people about peace through the lives of Peace Heroes using Windows for Peace. With your help we want to introduce Peace Heroes to other cities by creating Windows for Peace–Your City.
Vienna, Austria, Riga, Latvia, The Hague, The Netherlands
Europe today is synonymous with all that needs to be cherished about the human civilization – our history, culture and openness. For Europe to remain truly European, we have to recognize that we are now the sum of many – religions, races and ethnicity. Our Peace Heroes through Window for Peace deliver this message. Europe needs peace consciousness and Peace Museum Vienna can deliver it through Peace Heroes on Windows for Peace.
Windows for Peace-Your City is a quick, inexpensive project that has a long-term sustainability throughout Europe. This idea is easily transferable with low cost and small team effort to any country, sector or organization with public space.
It is always open and never closes.
We at Peace Museum Vienna believe that what we are doing is important and we can see the difference already. We want to share our knowledge, experience and passion for peace with people.
With the positioning of the Peace Heroes as stars in the very center of each city we estimate to inspire more than 2 million visitors in total a year.
This project will give an opportunity to speak out loud, attract government as well as public attention and thus bridge the gap between peace in theory and peace in practice in different cities in Europe.
We believe that people will be inspired by the lives of the Peace Heroes shown in the Windows for Peace. According to our slogan “What can you do for Peace?” visitors will be more aware of the necessity for peace and what they possibly can do.
• create a program with 1000 Peace Heroes and then choose relevant Peace Heroes for each city with the help of our team members from those cities
• create a pilot in Vienna starting in September 2015 which will include traveling exhibit of 100 Peace Heroes
• replicate it in Prague, Riga, The Hague, Bratislava, Belgrade and Skopje until the end of 2016
• guide local teams in our partner network to implement Windows for Peace–Your City
• organize community events including film screenings, Peace kitchens as cultural interactions forums and acceptance of diversity, and educational tours for students introducing the Peace Heroes
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Our Goal is to raise popular consciousness of the idea of World Peace. We want to know if our project is effective in promoting World Peace. We want local Peace Heroes to be shown in Windows for Peace–Your City and also in any public space.