Share e. V.
A large number of citizens is frustrated by EU decision making. Online campaigning however has been proven to engage millions on numerous policy issues. We are building an EU-wide online campaigning organisation that will, for the first time, allow citizens to easily participate.
Berlin, Germany, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Bordeaux, France
The breakthrough force of WeMove is not only the cumulative voice of engaged citizens, but also the technology that brings them together. The existing campaigning and petitioning software, established by groups like MoveOn.org in the US is either not able to deal with several languages or has to be run on US-based servers. We are going to develop multilingual campaigning software to be used 100% within the EU, so the rights to privacy of the citizens participating are protected under the higher EU standards.
Our funding proposal to Advocate Europe is to support the development of the EU-based, privacy-friendly, multilingual software that will work together with the free fundraising software CiviCRM in order to reach the desired results.
The main objective of WeMove is to engage citizens in the public debate and give them a strong voice when it comes to having a say on EU decisions. In two years we plan to reach more than 2 million people from all over Europe with vital information, inviting them to sign online petitions, participate in direct discussions with politicians and mobilize local (offline) gatherings. We create premises to involve citizens in EU politics. We want to help people understand and accept that the European level is where decisions are made and that this is right. We want to contribute to more solidarity between the people in different European countries.
Key to achieving this is the development of a privacy-friendly, EU-based, multilingual online campaigning software.
- Develop software with high privacy standards for the WeMove community enabling members to safely become engaged citizens.
- Using the support from 38 Degrees and Campact we can immediately address more than 5 million citizens via their email lists.
- Build strong ties to experts and civil society to ensure identification of relevant issues and use a test-based approach to find the campaigns people care most about.
- Organize offline events meant to further advocate for campaign goals and contribute to the online community cohesion.
- The strength of WeMove stands in the community built around the organization, constantly keeping contact with members that integrate activism into their everyday life.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
WeMove is a working title, the team is open for any other suggestions. We are looking for campaign partners, so if you have an issue you care about and want to spread it Europe-wide, please contact us.