Albanian Legal and Territorial Research Institute
In the framework of reverse migration, governments make repetitive calls for those who study abroad and worked to come back and help rebuild the country. But what are expectations and hopes of returnees and how can we help to keep it and use it?
Tirana, Albania, Pristine, Kosovo, Skopje, Macedonia
By conducting this active research we are identifying all returnees and offering ways for them to reintegrate into society, through employment policies.Employing right person for right job,will break the cycle of producing poor quality goods and services, empower employees and create a more confident work force, encouraging institutions to invest in people and see them as assets and pave the way for a better way of living, and more quality of life.This will help to strong national capacities,which are therefore required in preparing for future challenges of labor mobility that relate also to return and reintegration of migrants,in the framework of requests for development of European countries.This idea can be extended in other countries,and NGO-s can help to achieve the desired outcomes.
This initiative is relevant to the actual needs of the national policy, referring to the Strategy for Reintegration of Returned Albanian citizens that ends in 2015 therefore there is a need for a Strategy to be drafted. Achieving this project and the required and expected results would play an important role in drafting the new Strategy. We evaluate that in the work group who will draft the strategy to include the experts of the Center as well as young researchers in order to have a mixture of qualities and skills and make the right recommendations through this research. At the end of the project we hope to see fulfilled the hopes and expectations of a group of people that have much to contribute and instead of being targeted and highly valued have come to feel marginalized.
During the implementation of initiative (June 2015-June 2016), we will use these methods:
• Gather the existing information from state institutions, organizations that have studied the field;
• Dedicated website to collect stories and for its members to voice their concerns and interact, find help and practical solutions;
• Survey with returnees for reasons of migration/return, problems encountered, their expectations;
• 4 focus groups to discuss for these topics (Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia);
• 3 Job Fairs (Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia) as a good opportunity for the stakeholders and for returnees to widen their network and to increase the employment opportunities.
• Promote the research results through our established relationship with media.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Regarding this project proposal submitted by ALTRI Center, we will like to receive comments in order to improve our idea or offers for extending the implementation of this initiative in cooperation with NGO-s in other countries.