Pietro De Matteis
Stand Up for Europe
The idea is to make this tool available to all European-minded organisations, with a particular focus on those fostering civic activism at pan-European level so to facilitating their cooperation
Everyday we see things we wish were different in our city,country or at EU level.Sometimes we sign a petition or share a post on social media but often we don't take further action as we lack a team of people with the right skills that share our views. From here stems the idea of a platform fostering citizens' participation,allowing like-minded people to meet and act at the most appropriate level,from the local to the EU level.People will be able to join an existing project or propose a new one!
The tool allows people to meet according to their location, interest, skill and join/start a project
A truly democratic Europe requires citizens to be better able to engage in the civic and political processes at transnational level. This platform enables citizens' participation, helps building a shared understanding of our interests and challenges and enhances our collective ability to tackle them
In a year from now:
1) platform is fully developed,
2) establish partnerships with European-minded NGOs to support civic activism
3) c.a. 1000 new users registering to an existing project or start a new one.
4) support organisation of key EU-wide events/demonstrations (eg Macron's Conventions)
- developement/finalisation of the online platform with a professional developer
- test of the platform with a test group of user
- contact a selection of pan-European organisation to use the platform for free (in addition to Stand Up for Europe also Pulse of Europe, JEF, UEF, WeMove.eu, Volt and others)
- update of the functionalities in order to fits with new demands and improvements
Democracy can thrive only if civil society is strong. This is true also at EU level.
Today's world is marked by social media and the increasing preference for immediate action and selective engagement. This require developing innovative ways for people to meet and become active citizens.
-Young people (16-24): highlight link between local and European issues and engage "as European citizens"
-Young Professionals (25-36): allow meeting potential partners to start projects with a pan-European or cross-border dimension
-Pro-European organisation; link their members and work together
Would you like to be able to find like-minded people near you with the right skill to start a local or a pan-European project? If so you could soon also become a European Activist, with theActivist.eu !