For your next trip or adventure, don’t just pack your toothbrush and flip-flops - also pack your skills! Be more than a tourist - share your skills at your destination and have a unique cultural experience which goes beyond tourist guidebooks. Join us, become a TeachSurfer!
East and West Europe, specially: Romania, Armenia, Germany, Hungary, Bulgaria
All changes start from individuals. In Europe just as in the rest of the world, many young people need motivation to pursue careers and education, or to simply be exposed to new cultures, perspectives, and ideas. There are also many individuals with something to share - be it in the area of IT and innovation or LGBT rights. We want to enable positive change by enabling skill-sharing across countries.
We have shared our skills and stories on many occasions in different countries - we have volunteered teaching English, IT, robotics, and we have spoken about our personal journeys, what it was like for us, as women, to pursue careers in IT. We have inspired and been inspired, and we want to create such possibilities for everybody who wants to share, to learn, to listen and to be heard.
Our vision is to empower people to overcome educational, cultural, social and political boundaries. We believe that informal education will help to spread not only knowledge but also perspectives, thus helping to build more informed, inspired and tolerant communities across Europe.
Our goal is to build an expanding network of TeachSurfers connected by a simple, sustainable platform. We aim to reach new TeachSurfers and collect success stories by organizing meetups and making ourselves heard over social media as well as during events such as One Young World. We want to reach out to more schools and NGOs and list them in the TeachSurfing map, as well as to recruit active individuals to serve as skill-sharing ambassadors to spread the word in their local communities.
- Sustainable business model: to build a business model in partnership with organizations who would like to bring visibility to their social and educational impact.
- Development: to redesign and develop the platform further.
- Communication: to expand collaborations with global school and non-profit networks e.g. PASCH (Schools: Partners for the Future), One Young World, MitOst. To spread awareness via social media, conferences.
- Events: in August 2015 we will organize a TeachSurfing Festival in Armenia during the pan-Armenian games, to encourage the visitors to share their skills when in Armenia. We aim to hold similar events in other locations.
- Ambassadorship program: invite volunteers to become TeachSurfing representatives and recruit schools and non-profits in their countries.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
We love to hear your feedback about the platform and the concept.