The Beinghuman Collective CiC
Empowering artists, creators & tech by creating ethical software & business models around their practice. Valuing the role creatives play in society & the economy by education, collaboration, lobbying, campaigning & action, selling direct to an audience who value cultural diversity & Fair Trade.
London, UK, Somerset, UK, 20+ various
Europe needs to take the lead as there is a global problem within the tech/media industry: non transparent accounting, lack of accountability & a lack of resect for I.P., taxation & content creators' rights that is creating a rich tech sector & poor SME/ Independent Cultural industry sector, globally. Content creatives must unite, learn & create fit for purposes digital business models that promote & create an ethical consumer base & challenge the tech industry dominance & business models. T.B.C. has already worked with over 1,000 artists from countries as diverse as Nepal, India, Mexico, Russia & USA so it s very important that a 'small is beautiful' software system that unites & empowers creatives empowers Europe to takes the lead on this important work.
In year one through a series of cross disciplinary residencies & events with pan European members of T.B.C. we will build a fit for purpose, integrated software system. We will test the system with an initial 100 SME/Artist/Creators & 1,000 Fair Trade Supporter Members, using the system to build awareness, businesses, campaign & lobby. Working with the first 100 we will have completed a pan European promo tour of creative, tech, design, art, music & film industry hubs, organisations, educators & spaces. A beneficiary will have a solid software base on which to run, promote & manage an ethical SME business model for their creative business & practice, be a lot more aware of their own I.P. & confident in their contribution, value & worth to society, both creatively & economically.
1. Pre Prod. Beinghuman Warehouse, London & MASS London. Work with 100 T.B.C. creatives & recruit 1,000 consumers across Europe.
2. 10 day residency/hackathon in our Somerset, Warehouse to scope, vision & build the software, systems & promo strategy for the campaign with 20 core European members T.B.C.
3. Testing & improving the system with T.B.C. & 100 curated pan European, inter disciplinary artists, creatives, makers & SME's.
4. Uniting 100 members with 2nd T.B.C. London event/ launch & media campaign.
5. European tour led by Gaynor O'Flynn working with the first 100 creatives on a series of talks, screenings, gigs, presentations in 20+ locations to promote the need for Fair Trade For Artists. Build on 1,000 ethical consumers base & initiate ethical advertising phase.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
1. European arts, creative, educational establishments who want to support & help host an event. 2. Technologists & hackers who work in tech for good & arts for social change. 3. 1,000 initial supporters 4. Ethical PR & marketing specialists. 5. Campaigners from any discipline re best practice