The Georgian National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce
The project aims to create a new generation of Georgians with strong entrepreneurial mind-sets and practical skills, professional contacts and experience of launching business ideas. Its direct target group is 18-29 year old youngsters from 5 Regions of Georgia. Total number of participants: 500
Tbilisi,Georgia, Batumi, Georgia, Kutaisi,Georgia
Georgia has not long history of independence but institutional reforms in the field of business have been implemented here; however policies in the field of youth entrepreneurship development still requires development here and ICC Georgia aims to make its contribution in it. On 27 June 2014 the EU signed Association Agreement with Georgia that is an important moment both for the EU and for Georgia, as the EU needs economically strong partner country, with low level of unemployment, educated youth and sound entrepreneurship policies Thus, our aim is to see Georgia, where development and inclusive economic growth go hand in hand, where entrepreneurship is the route out of poverty and where the young generation is the catalyst. This will make life better for millions across the country.
The expected intermediate outcomes for this project include: Improved business readiness among beneficiaries; Strengthened economic performance of youth-run small businesses; Improved, more inclusive and better coordinated business support services for youth offered by local organizations.
The following results to be achieved:
500 young people will benefit from employability and entrepreneurship skills training.
500 young people will participate in youth-led community service training, building skills in leadership, social innovation, community development, and research
young people will complete meaningful internships.
youth entrepreneurs will develop business plans to establish new enterprises.
youth will find a job, start an enterprise, or decide to continue their education.
• Establish Coordination Group; Contact with Local Municipalities in the Regions of Georgia for preparing data-base;
• Prepare Training Programmes/Training Dates needs to be determined
• Implementation Trainings/Workshops with Youth (Social Activities)
• Support Participants in preparing business plans/Consultancy service; assist in the process of access to finances
• Final Conference/Results/Follow Up
• Media Coverage/ Brochures/ Publications
• Participants become members of ICC Georgia Youth and will be involved in all our activities (Job Fairs, Annual Business Plan Competition, Internships’ Capacity Building Workshops).
Funding requested from Advocate Europe