"New Generation" Humanitarian NGO
The project which will last 7 months includes awareness raising activities for 25 young journalists and 25 young activists from 10 regions of Armenia and Yerevan aged 18-35 about Europe and European values and to organize Mass Media award for the best composition related to the topic of the project.
After the break down of the Soviet Union, 25 years later the post Soviet Union nations are still living with stereotypes and different prejudices about the modernization and democratization of the modern world. The main victims of the mentioned are the youngsters who suffer because of disinformation and existing stereotypes.
In the 21st century the world is standing in front of a fact which brings to a conflict of systems of values of different nations: Muslim values, Christian values, entire human rights, prohibition of discrimination and hate speech, etc called European Democratic Values.
The given project is addressed to promote the European democratic values among the Armenian Mass Media which will be mechanism of spreading the word within the society.
The overall goal of the project is to support the increase of understanding of Europe and European values among the Armenian society through media.
The successful outcome of our project is to set seeds for breaking negative stereotypes about Europe. All involved participants will strengthen and enhance their capacities and the way of thinking.
As a long-term result the best composition about Europe and European values will serve as an educational material for further activities of the organization.
The understanding of the European Union will be highlighted and promoted through media equally to the Customs’ Union.
The use of new and modern media tools will be a supportive mechanism for the community based journalists for their further work and success.
1. 3-days training for 25 young journalists from 10 regions of Armenia and Yerevan on the topic of Europe and European values.
2. 3-days training for 25 young activists / leaders from 10 regions of Armenia and Yerevan on the topic of Europe and European values.
3. Conducting a research in the Armenian Mass Media aiming at finding the level of existing hate speech towards Europe and European values, their causes.
4. To make 5 social videos highlighting the role and importance of Europe and promoting the European Democracy from diverse aspects.
5. To announce a Mass Media competition for the best composition about Europe and European values on the 10th of December, 2015 (International Human Rights Day).
Funding requested from Advocate Europe