InternsGoPro is a social enterprise dedicated to youth integration in the labour market. We developed the first European Label for Quality Internships to promote internships that truly help students & graduates develop skills and get a job.
Belgium, France, Germany
Youth unemployment and young people’s precarious living conditions in Europe are worsening. Internships have become a requirement to get a job as they are supposed to bridge the skills gap between education and the labour market. However, the majority of them do not fulfill their purpose. Out of 4,5 million students and graduates doing an internship each year in Europe, 59% are unpaid, 40% work without a contract and 30% have no learning content (source: European Commission).
No tools exist yet in Europe to incentivize employers to provide more quality internships and identify the best ones. We created InternsGoPro to make good internships accessible to all, foster youth mobility in Europe and reduce the transition between education and full-time employment.
We aim at the following outcomes:
1) More employers offering quality internships (more paid and higher learning content)
2) Easier mobility for young people as they will be able to identify quality internships in other member states
3) Shorter time spent stuck in the transition between education and work
4) More transparency on the good and bad practices in internships
Thanks to your support we hope to considerably increase the number of labelled organizations and the number quality internship offers available to young people. Students and graduates should be able to say: “Thanks to InternsGoPro I found an internship that turned out to be great for me. It boosted my chances to get a job.”
1) To boost our visibility, we want to launch a very large communication and community building campaign around the label and our ratings system.
We are planning to contact a large number of employers to increase the number of labelled organizations in France, Germany and Belgium. We are developing our network of business and NGO partners and also grow our outreach among young people through social media and career events.
2) We will increase the number of our partnerships with universities’ career services. They will enable us to send quality offers to their students and increase the number of internship ratings.
3) We will keep on working on our technology, adding more features to our web platform and improving the design and user experience.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe