We bring together people with very different views and identities, and, using innovative body-based methods of communication and negotiation, strengthen their capacity to form new alliances and social networks.
Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom
Recent polls reveal EU citizens' disillusion with politics. Nationalistic movements across the continent are on the rise. Discrimination and hate-crimes are increasing. European integration and social inclusion are facing unprecedented challenges.
We believe these problems have to be addressed practically, from below, in a manner that does not separate out and elide physicality and affect, and at different levels – from the level of individual relationship to that of large organisations. We believe that our approach of developing and sharing tools and practices that root and anchor values of civil liberties and social peace in the every day life of citizens has something to offer to the European project.
We would like to:
1. Make RCE gatherings more accessible for more participants
2. Strengthen and connect the RCE trainers
3. Support participants in applying, practicing and developing their skills, and in bringing them to their local communities, professions, families, etc.
4. Bring communication methods and community building skills to different populations: students, the elderly, people with different abilities, asylum seekers, etc.
5. Promote the establishment of further annual RCE meetings in various locations
The RCE network has been growing and maturing over the last few years. At the local level, RCE group are involved in bringing the work into local educational, neighbourhood, art and cultural contexts. The annual network meeting serves to connect the local trainee groups. It is also an important nexus for the evaluation and development of new teaching material. Through the annual meeting and other occasional meetings we maintain and improve our methods and the cohesion of our network.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe