Making peace through studying public opinion
Yerevan, Armenia, Stepanakert, Nagorno Karabagh
The peace in Caucasus region is very important for Europe. So peaceful resolution of Nagorno Karabagh Conflict is in the interest of Europe. The research will help to study public opinion on Nagorno Karabagh conflict resoluton and find out the possible zone of the agreement for parties. The other countries may also use the research to find out the possible zone of agreement for parties.
In order to accomplish the objectives defined, activities in three major directions are to be conducted:
1. Study of public opinion in Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh;
2. Study of the decision makers opinion on Karabakh conflict;
3. Media monitoring among both print and electronic media in Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh.
It is planned to determine by a survey the public attitudes and expectations in Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh as to the variants of the settlement of the conflict, that is:
• Adherence to war or peaceful (political) solution to the problem;
• Ideas about the future status of Nagorno Karabakh;
• Attitude towards the issue of liberation of the territories occupied and refugee repatriation;
Surveys are to be held simultaneously in Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh (NK). It is planned to conduct to interview of 500 respondents in Armenia and 250 respondents in NK. The survey of the decision makers in Armenia and NK is to be conducted on the same range of questions, but in a more profound way, so that to reveal completely the official attitude and compare them to the social opinion. Accordingly, interviews with the leading political figures of Armenia (50 respondents) and Nagorno Karabagh (25 respondents) are to be held. Monitoring of Armenian and media is aimed at studying the peculiarities of covering Karabagh problem by all the parties involved. The research findings will be published in Analyticon journal.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe