Do you believe the citizens are represented when it comes to the decision and policy making processes of the EU? We believe there is room for improvement in that direction and we're developing an innovative way to contribute to that connection, starting where we feel the ground is ready to put this idea into action, the Eurozone! We're developing the Euroland Agora, a blended mechanism of representation of Euroland citizens. Support us in the invention of 21st century's transnational democracy!
We feel there is an inadequate connection between the European citizens and the decision and policy making processes that impact their everyday lives. We want to help in bridging that gap by combining modern technologies with residential assemblies in a blended way that keeps Euroland citizens motivated and provides them the means to be involved in an easy and direct way in the administration of a currency that has a lot more potential to connect them than how it already does.
If our “experiment” succeeds, one year from now, the citizens of Eurozone will have the means and the motivation to be a direct part of the decision and policy making processes of Europe, at least when it comes to the common currency that unites them in Euroland. An important step towards the invention of 21st century's transnational democracy using modern technologies will have been taken!
Check our website for more! http://eurolandagora.eu
- Till June: testing the waters with our existing platform for participation.
- July: transition to self hosted, FOSS solutions (OPIN.me for drafting & voting on policy proposals, BigBlueButton/Jitsi-Meet for video conferences & more) for developing & deciding on the first policy proposals & the working format of the Agora.
- October: the first residential Agora in Athens, with more than 100 participants from Euroland, fine tuning & voting on the first policy proposals from the citizens!
- November: our new online platform is now “on fire” after the Agora, with Euroland citizens debating & developing their positions.
- Spring 2017: our platform is used in order to prepare the next residential Agora of Euroland citizens! Our goal for a more inclusive democracy in Europe has been achieved!
In short, all European citizens, starting with the citizens of Eurozone, the Euroland citizens! If we succeed, they will have the means to be involved in an easy, modern and democratic way in the policies that impact their everyday lives. The project will be carried on in collaboration with the EU institutions.
To the best of our knowledge, Euroland Agora is the only blended approach in representing the citizens positions, by combining a modern, open and permanent web-based assembly with a series of residential assemblies in order to take the best of the two worlds, thus ensuring a maximum level of active citizens' participation. In this way, Euroland Agora stays relevant to the citizens' needs by taking advantage of the latest technological advances in favour of democracy.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Office expenses: 2300, Travel costs: 6200, Accommodation and subsistence: 4000, Event costs: 11450, Fees and honoraries: 1000, Public relations: 1300, Unforeseen and others: 1000, Personnel costs: 25200.
The opinion of the citizens in what is an intention to involve them is the most important thing we can ask for! Please leave your comments and get ready to work together with us to achieve our common vision!