LES TETES DE L'ART
What if the trial was one of the most accurate ways to discuss about Europe?
With our concept of dramatized trial, we want to respond in an innovative way to the rejection of European issues among a growing number of citizens. Residents, artists, lawyers, institutions and NGOs will gather in several countries, to address, around a mock trial, Europe’s majors issues!
Cheeky in it’s form but demanding on the bottom, “Europe in the dock”, a dramatized trial to turn our falsed ideas over ...
Talking about Europe provokes more and more disinterest or even rejection from our citizens! Expert organizations also face difficulties in renewing their way to reach their audience!
Given this situation, we aim to experiment a new form of debate that would allow all stakeholders to address European issues in an innovative and funny way, while ensuring the quality of the content. Our project intends to mix Art and Justice to (re)gain the interest in Europe ...
From a concept briefly experienced in 2012 in the frame of Marseille 2013, European Capital of Culture, the grant "Advocate Europe" would allow us to test 2 different types of activities in 4 European countries.
We will pay attention to three key indicators:
- The quality and variety of cross-sectoral partnerships.
- The number of participants and the interest in different forms.
- The quality of debates on European issues.
- The appropriation of our tools by our partners.
The principle is simple but effective. A team of local residents helped by European, judicial and artistic experts, animates a mock trial with real guests who are invited to testify "in the dock". Each trial, addresses a theme related to European issues (mobility, employment...) concluding with the publication of a deliberation.
From this concept, 2 main forms of implementation will be experimented:
- A participatory form, with volunteer residents in the form of workshops, related to social centers and NGOs. Those workshops will be performed in public through a trial open to the local community.
- A digital form with the realization of short videos in the form of web series that will allow professionals to have new permanent tools for the building of awareness on European issues.
The main targets are European citizens and residents with a particular focus on young people and the poor. However, we also wish to cooperate with several strategic players to benefit from their local networks as well as share and experience a tool that will allow them to renew their own practices. Are concerned:
- NGOs specializing in European issues
- High schools and universities
- Community centers
- Artistic partners
- Judicial partners
- Institutional and political actors
Justice and Europe are often wrongly considered inaccessible and technical. We want to prove the opposite! With an artistic background, we want to demonstrate that European issues are accessible to all as long as we play the game!
We mix Art and Justice, to regain the people's desire for Europe ...
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Participatory project in 4 countries: € 33,000 Creation, translation and dissemination of the web series: € 10,000 Running costs of the project: € 7,000
This king of open platform is already a contribution to strengthen connection in Europe. How can we interconnect some of our ideas to scale up our impact? We are open to your comments and cooperation proposals...