Out of the Box International
The project will build capacity of Roma Organisations in EU funding and Advocacy, by developing competences Roma Civil Society representatives –multipliers to understand better how European Funding works and develop more projects addressing the inclusion of Roma community; The project is based on partnership between Roma organisations from Western Balkans and European-wide Organisation based in Brussels.
Training- Serbia | Interships-Belgium | Project Hubs-Western Balkans
Roma continue to be the most discriminated, the most vulnerable and the most disadvantaged minority in AL, MKD, MNE, BiH and RS. EU Progress Reports launched in November 2015 clearly indicate their unfortunate situation in all of the Western Balkan countries. The project “Roaming” is built on the need to develop the capacity of Roma CSOs from Western Balkan countries to more effectively utilize EU funding and in that way build their commitment in brining more European perspective to the local Ro
1) to build the capacity of Western Balkan CSOs to engage in application, monitoring and writing of EU projects proposals and in that way enhance more effective fundraising activities for the 2017 – 2020;
(2) to build cooperation between Roma CSOs from Western Balkans and number of relevant European umbrellas & stimulate European representation of Roma youth;
(3) to give voice and knowledge to more than 40 Roma CSOs from Western Balkans so they can successfully advocate for Roma Youth issues on
The main activities of the project are:
(1) 5 day Training on “EU funding and advocacy”- Course for multipliers, developing competences of 24 representatives of 6 CSOs, in EU funding mechanisms including Erasmus+, IPA.The training will, also, include one day training in EU advocacy and lobbying in order to strengthen the partner’s ability to advocate about important Roma matters in policy debates.
(2) Six CSO representatives-Roma Activists will do 4 weeks internship in “European project accelerator Lab” a programme of Out of the Box International getting closer to EU funds functioning, European Civil Society, EU structures functioning and the work of the EU Parliament.
(3) 6 “European Roma Project Hubs” will be organised in 6 participating organisations engaging CSO Repr
The project is build around inclusion of Roma communities, and support of Roma Civil Society Organisation Capacity Building. The project is directly involving 7 organisations, and indirectly will involve around 30 organisations and over 200 participants, to discuss on priorities and matters related to inclusion of Roma.
We connect EU funding (as one of unused resources in Roma CSOs work) with sustainable advocacy initiatives in accession countries. This approach starts from theoretical knowledge about EU funding and continue with practical know-how transfer on building advocacy initiative in all partner countries. The project innovates in the way by combing European expertise from an International Organisation and local expertise in order to create stronger impact both on individual and organisational level.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Office Expenses: 4000 EUR Interships costs hosting: 6800EUR Travel costs: 4200 EUR Project Hubs: 6 project hubs- 6000 EUR Training Course (food and accommodation for 24 participants for 5 days): 9000 EUR Fee for experts and trainers: 2000 EUR Publication of toolkit: 3000EUR