Connaction is a project for refugees in Switzerland that purpose to reflect the culture of welcoming (Willkommenskultur) and the humanitarian tradition of Europe. The name "connaction" derives from the combination of "connecting" and "action" that emphasizes not only connecting people but also pushing them into the action. This project addresses the people who want to make their own contribution on the refugee problem.
Zurich / Bern / Basel / Geneva / Lausanne / Winterthur / Aarau (Switzerland)
The arrival of refugees last summer in Western Europe was considered by the humanity of the local people. Since then, however, has changed a lot. In recent times, some events caused negative headlines in the media. These events have been having partly negative effect on the local people about the refugees that caused prejudices. Also most of the refugees’ have felt themselves unwelcomed. Unfortunately, this miscommunication is getting deeper day by day.
With this project we want to:
- show the culture of welcoming and humanitarian tradition of Europe to refugees.
- build bridges between refugees and locals.
- reduce prejudices.
- underline the equality and human values.
- Improve intercultural dialogue.
The connaction pin button is designed as a heart shape surrounding people hand in hand so it shows hospitality.
"Integration through interaction"
People who pins the button on his/her backpack or pocket are ready and willing to come into contact with the refugees. Therefore, the refugees can get in touch with host spontaneously and ask some information like tips and advice about living in that country. Thus, it supports the refugees’ accessibility to engage in a dialogue with volunteer citizen which is the first step of the integration process.
In addition, there will be a website includes experiences of connactions and possibilities of creating online connaction.
1. Target Group:
- People who stand up for refugees
- Cultural associations
- Refugee camps
- Migrants who live in Switzerland for a long time.
Our project is cross-medial. With this project we can reach many kinds of people such as youths and old generations as well through social media (Twitter, Facebook, Website) and offline media. Supported with different kinds of videos like explanation videos, branded contents etc. we want to reach more people to include them into our project.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
- Personnel Costs: 2 persons 1120 CHF per month. Total: 26880 / year (2 persons) - Pin button production: 7000 CHF for 10,000 pin buttons - Advertising costs (social media, print, media): 14.000 CHF - Promoters: (Zurich, Basel, Bern, Geneva, Aarau, Winterthur) -> 5.000 CHF - Development of website: 3000 CHF