Permalab is an autarchic co-working and co-living base camp in Portugal that welcomes nomadic interdisciplinary entrepreneurs, facilitators, permaculturists, artists, healers, artisans, architects, engineers and designers to develop permanent models for a new culture of self-responsibility, self-sufficiency and sustainability.
How can we design attractive and self sustainable collaborative spaces in crisis & isolated areas? How can we work on local open source models by addressing global needs? How can we inspire young generations & develop structures that reflect in details the new paradigm shift into gift economy, emphatic self-responsibility, all leadership and authenticity in love and sexuality? What is an European tribe culture that enhances connection & trust. What do we need to transform in us to get there?
- A permanent exemplary camp that can host 30-40 change-makers and activists.
- A co-working space & a workshop space to develop projects together with partners from all over Europe.
- A self-sufficient energy model that provides electricity & sun power for kitchen and showers.
- A water retention system and permaculture-designed landscape to produce most of our own food and support the reforestation process.
- An online platform accessible for partners and people from all over the world.
Until October 2016:
Initiating the first Labs
Renovating the infrastructure, the coworking space & workshop for 20 people
Realizing the first “Permalab Camp”, inviting an interdisciplinary team
Creating our tree & seeds nursery and the bank of seeds.
Until March 2017:
- Implementing the first basecamp - self-sustained in water and energy, first production of food and biodegradable products for a group of 30-40 people
- Organize a “Space Lab” where architects, designers, engineers, artists and permaculturists will develop several communal mobile soft architectures
- Implement our existing open source online platform, the network of nomadic changemakers, a pool for exchanging knowledge, documenting processes and solutions
- Finalize the design & realisation of the water retention landscape
Permalab invites engaged and innovative entrepreneurs, nomadic change-makers and designers who have a strong call to co-develop economical, societal and ecological models for a livable, collaborative future in Europe. We invite as well artists, artisans, permaculturist and young people from the urban environment looking for alternative model of living.
Permalab is neither an idea, nor a project. It is a radical approach towards life. Facing the global issues of today leads to the consequence to change our mindset and habits in order to live according to our values and needs. Decentralization of resources, De-growth, conscious consumption & holistic design needs to take place in our daily life. We decided to place our centre of interest in a crisis area and to face the global issues in cooperation with the global community of change-makers.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Building water retention landscape: 13.000 € Renovating the co-working space: 8.000 € Building up the solar kitchen for 30 people: 12.000 € Creating solar showers for 30 people: 5.000 € Developing the website: 2.000 € Communal Mobile soft architecture: 10.000 €
We support the exchange of knowledge and the optimisation of any working process through truthful sharing. Feel free to contact us for more information & valuable feedback