UAct will develop a bi-lingual (English/Ukrainian) online platform that will offer a space to civil society, grassroots initiatives, corporate stakeholders and funders from across Europe to match resources for joint initiatives contributing to social cohesion and respect of human rights in Ukraine. It will bring together diverse European skills and resources to implement innovative and sustainable projects in Ukraine.
We'll be providing support to the initiatives emerged through the platform.
Brussels and Kyiv
With an ongoing military conflict, corruption, no awareness of how to influence policy-making, many active Ukrainians are experiencing fatigue and lack of resources to continue building democracy.
A number of initiatives promoting active citizenship, human rights and social cohesion in Ukraine emerged across Europe. Due to a poor coordination, they duplicate each other, making the use of resources inefficient and unsustainable.
CSR and pro bono opportunities are underused in Ukraine.
Through UAct platform we aim for:
• empowering civil society, local communities, grassroots initiatives to effectively develop and implement social & educational projects in Ukraine
• improving co-ordination and mutual learning between stakeholders in Ukraine and wider Europe
• raising awareness of social innovations, CSR and pro bono opportunities from across Europe that could be used in Ukraine
• ensuring that this will result in a number of sustainable projects transforming Ukraine
To date, UAct has completed an extensive preparatory phase: mapped potential stakeholders, established a network of Ukrainian supporters in Europe, developed technical specifications of the platform
Our next steps are:
• Recruiting the IT-team & building the platform (July - Dec 16)
• Developing visual identity and the content of the platform in English (July - Sept 16)
• Engaging pro bono experts, who will provide Ukrainian translation, legal and media advice (July - Sept 16)
• Involving at least 20 users of the platform (by March 17)
• Presenting the platform in Brussels & Kyiv (Jan - March 17)
• Coordinating and facilitating the platform (Jan - March 17)
• Fundraising to support the initiatives identified through the platform and its future development
Our stakeholders in Ukraine and wider Europe will include:
• civil society and grassroots organisations
• volunteers and diaspora representatives
• corporate stakeholders with CSR and pro bono programs
A pan-European alliance that will be built is unique as it will go beyond traditional collaboration between civil society and grassroots initiatives. It will bring on board corporate and pro bono stakeholders, introducing politically neutral CSR and pro bono culture in Ukraine. This will help to overcome a common perception that only the civil society is the main actor of change, and will prove that those working in the corporate area could contribute to the process of country's transformation.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
IT team fees: 15,000 EUR Web-hosting:1500 EUR Event costs, Brussels (venue, presentation equipment hire, insurance, refreshments x 100 people): 2700 EUR Event costs, Kyiv (100 people): 1100 EUR Travel costs (UAct staff and speakers attending events in Kyiv and Brussels): 2100 EUR Accommodation and subsistence (Brussels): 400 EUR Accommodation and subsistence (Kyiv): 1000 EUR Media events/platform promotion: 2500 EUR Administrative costs and overheads: 1000 EUR Staff costs: 10000 EUR
We are interested in finding partners, volunteers and supporters and will welcome any feedback from similar initiatives in the other European countries.