Aiming to permanently mobilize the potentials of active young citizens in environmental protection, build support for environmental NGOs and to take up socially urgent environmental issues in the peripheral regions, the partner NGOs, organize ideas competitions in 9 regions of Ukraine, Russia and Belarus to develop creative environmental and climate protection projects. A set of activities will make young people to work together and learn from German experience.
regions of Ukraine, Russia and Belarus
Target countries face weak commitment of young people (between 20-35 years) in environmental organizations, especially in remote regions. At the same time this young generation is full of visions, ideas and drive to work towards a sustainable development of their society. For practical implementation, however, they often lack knowledge about opportunities and professional support.
Nine environmental and climate protection projects arise in the participating regions, direct project participants note an increase in technical and methodological knowledge and skills, NGO can show an increase in support from the population after completion of the project.
- NGOs in 9 regions of UA, RU and BY announce IDEAS COMPETITIONS for innovative projects in such areas as environmental education, energy / climate protection and protection of natural resources.
- The candidates are free to decide whether they implement their ideas at home, in an educational institution, in business or in public space
- All projects submitted for the competitions will be actively made public until mid-June.
- With the submission of projects the candidates also take part in a TRAINING SERIES.
- In each partner NGO one employee is in charge to support the winners technically and organizationally IMPLEMENTATING the winning projects.
- 25 winners and 9 NGO representatives from UA, BY and RU take part in a study trip to Germany.
Young people in the regions that want to be active and need ideas and support in doing so. NGOs will benefit by getting committed supporters.
At the time of the Russia-Ukraine conflict we want to maintain contacts of civil society.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Travel and accommodation 10000 EUR, small grants 20000 EUR, personnel 15000 EUR, administrative and office 5000 Eur,