The main goal of the project is to create a network between active cultural organizations that work with children in Lecce and several cities of Europe. The perspective is to generate a dialogue between different cities, and exchange good practices and know-how, sharing and acquiring new innovative teaching models (es. exchanging a temporary exhibition with a theatre performance). This is the first step to build a network that can grow gradually, starting from our own town.
Lecce (Italy); Milan (Italy); Jerez (Spain); Stockholm (Sweden); Brussels (Belgium)
The main challenge we face in our daily work is the need to build structured networks, both in local and European contexts. Networks are the key to create opportunities to everybody to develop their ideas. That is why we want to activate a system based on an exchange of know-how through workshops, training courses and activities for children: to let the community grow in a system where everybody can learn from the others and offer to kids and families innovative educational models.
The main goal is to improve the skills of youth workers and apply the know-how in our territory. A year from now, the perspective is to have a teamwork ready to cooperate in a future “Children’s House” in Lecce (a work in progress project) which can be the symbol of a new vision of our city. A space accessible to kids and adults where everybody can have access to new educational models. A co-working place, opened to new international partnerships with cultural centers.
We want to adopt a participatory planning approach, sharing the activities with all the partners. These are the phases of the project:
- Involving museums and Children’s Houses, planning a program and a common calendar;
- Creating an online platform to describe the project and spread out the data and the steps of our activities. This platform will remain as a specialized channel to be used in the future from our network;
- Creating meetings and workshops in Lecce and in the other cities. The workshops are oriented to cultural operators, teachers, students, parents, etc.
- Testing phase: organization of a festival called “It's All About Kids!” in Lecce, a moment to communicate in our territory the results of the project and put them in practice.
The beneficiaries are: schools, educators, trainers, cultural operators, youth workers, associations, students, foster care centers.
The project is made for people with different professional profiles which will be linked by us through shared approach and intents: ability to work in networks and exchange competences and know-how, flexibility, willing to learn from new different approaches.
We live in a city where there is no space for children, not even a library for kids. We want to bring to Lecce competences and services to become more European. The unconventional aspect of the initiative is based on the methods: we will use innovative tools to interact with children (es. with Boboto association, we will reproduce Montessori materials through 3D printing laser cutting, making them accessible for everybody). Connecting best practices and new visions can produce only good things!
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
1. Travel Costs: 10000 EUR 2. Fees for operators: 10000 EUR 3. Accommodations: 3000 EUR 4. PR & Communication: 6000 EUR 5. Event costs (Materials): 4000 EUR 6. Personnel (project manager, project manager assistant, assistant): 15000 EUR 7. Administration & Accounting: 2000 EUR