Design studio Dyvooo
Our goal is to organize a creative process of youth designing their own style and clothing utilizing images from different cultures to reflect their own identity and personality. We will help children to develop an understanding and tolerance of children from other counties, helping each child realize himself or herself as part of a multicultural Europe. This project will cover several cities with the purpose of showing cultural differences and establishing a dialog between children.
Germany, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Russia, might be other countries
The first challenge is the development of self-confidence and creative confidence of children.The natural needs of children are to understand what is beautiful, what is fashionable, and how they can create a personal style. The second challenge is to understand the principles of an integration culture in the EU and to support the process of integration of diverse cultures. The third challenge is the sustainable development of our planet which is based on responsible consumption.
Our ultimate goal is to have more children develop their own style; to have more children embrace DIY projects; and to have more children with confidence in themselves and in their creativity. Following this, we hope this project will lead to the creation of a platform for cultural dialog about fashion and clothing between children from different countries, so that youth may see and experience their own local culture in a global context.
- Establish partnerships with schools in selected counties.
- Organize workshops (materials, venue, participants, social media)
- Conduct 2 workshops pro month
- Analyze and reflect on results, produce video content, share on the web
- Iterate and improve our process
The program is oriented toward children aged 10 through 15 and their parents.
- It’s a youth-centered program, which combines the three main stages of the learning process: understanding what they have now, the development of self-awareness, and the creation of future possibilities.
- Based on modern design methods, this program is designed with the purpose of conducting quantitative research on children’s needs & generating insights in co-creation with fashion experts.
- The project will illuminate cultural changes of modern society in the context of globalization.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
As a pilot project, we would like to organize design activities in 10 schools. Major expenses: travel and accommodation costs, local organizators' fees, facilitators’ fees, fashion experts' fees, workshop materials, web site & social media support, video production.
We are looking for partners and schools to spread our concept to other countries.