Imagine you get students out of the classroom andget streetyouth to move from their corner. Imagine they learn to work together to build community-led entreprise projects. Many challenges come from a lack of relationship, sharing of knowledge across groups/ cultures and lack of opportunity to create together. CEAL-program uses a community mobilization game and entrepreneurship toolkit to run community programs in 4 EU-countries for youth to learn to build collaborative entrepreneurial projects
Madrid (spain), Utrecht (Holland), Dortmund (germany), Brussel (Belgium)
- Innovation in education; The need for new forms of education
- Employability; Offering youth opportunities to learn to construct income generating projects
- Cross-cultural bridging: creating spaces for relationship to learn to see potential in each other beyond pre-conceptions
- Community building: creating irrisistble invitations to participate in building the community we want to live in.
-Example; showing that Europe is full of potential and positive stories
After a capacity building kick-off the 4 programs aim for;
- 100 youth participate in program and are empowered towards work/entrepreneurship
- 4 communities are mobilized and directly impacted, with 400 people involved totally
- 4 local involved universities adopt program and take students out of the classroom to learn.
- 8 community driven-projects that have income generating potential realized.
- 8 projects are demonstrated as examples
- Improved tools to share to wider EU-network
1. Selecting communities, youth and students
2. youth, community organizations and educational partners come to kick-off festival in Brussels for deepening skills, program training and toolkit launch.
3. 4 programs are run in 4 cities, lasting each 2,5 months. Each program mobilizes community using the community Oasis game, jointly select 2 to 3 income-potential community projects, build them in a challenge phase with support of toolkit and workshops. project examples; shareshop / local coin / community workshop
4. Online sharing of best practices and sharing of stories to outside world.
5. Closing exchange event in Spain to open program for new partners in new countries that got inspired.
Group 1; disadvantaged youth in 4 cities, generally with migrant background. 18 - 30 year olds who enter labour market
Group 2; Youth from university background who are not normally engaged with other cultural and socio-economic context.
Group 3; Their supporting community organizations, universities and supporting companies. The programs take place in 4 cities, yet results and tools will be available for others.
Group 4; companies that want to support and coach youth and communities
-from the classroom to the street, from the street to work
- the underly Elos philosophy, which focusses on collective dreaming, abundance and talent-based approach (check www.institutoelos.org/en
- Using the power of gaming and play to get people moving
- The building onwards on a vibrant network of participatory community facilitators
- through project we develop a free to use toolkit
- Exchange between various countries and cross-sector (education, community, business)
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
10.000 for kick-off and closing event (incl. venue, travel to Brussels, materials, overnighting) 12.500 per local action of which 1500 material costs, 2500 logistical costs 1000 communication 5000 personal 2500 workshops 5000 coordination costs 5000 communication and online costs for CEAL platform
We are always open for feedback, ideas and suggestions!