The Eco-preneur in Residency Program is the exchange between the German economic culture and Ukrainian innovative start-ups. The Ukrainian start-ups will participate in the international Creative Business Cups as well as the national eco-preneurship business challenge in 2016. The top 10 winners will get the opportunity to develop their creative products and European business skills directly inside of the EU market in 2017. The incubators and accelerators from the Ruhr region can invite the best
Eco-preneurial shift, internationalisation of the european start-ups.
The internationalization of innovative start-ups and facilitating the economic shift towards the eco-preneurship and social economy. The German start-up landscape needs new ideas and initiatives due to high opportunity costs for the talented starters. The residency program will raise the interest and fun also from the side of young Germans and other EU starters making Ruhr to new German “Silicon Valley”.
1. International competitions exist for creative, ecological, and female start-ups. The first winner receive the trip to Denmark for meeting with investors. We create an agent selecting and attracting the best initiatives form Eastern Europe to work at the idea 3 month in Ruhr incubators.
2. The Eastern European initiatives learn European market and business skills needed in EU and travel back to Ukraine for further product development.
3. The German incubators and start-ups gain new ideas and exciting start-up scene in Ruhr attracting the investors and corporations.
4. Further exchange can be scaled up.
The target groups are:
1. The best start-ups in Ukraine and potential starter, who will see the success and possibilities for creative business.
2. German incubators gaining the exciting scene and attracting investors to the region.
3. German start-ups gaining new contacts in Eastern Europe and excellent ideas for further ideation and business development utilizing the competitive advantages from this cooperation.
4. Eco-preneurial community in Europe.
5. Broader public gaining new ecological an
The Eco-preneurship in Residency program is developed due to my comprehensive academic knowledge of Development Economics and Ecopreneurship in Ukraine (topic of my Master Thesis). The first crucial part of the program is already planned and organized, which promises real success. The project addresses not only idealistic issue of the European cohesion and ecological shift but also the tacit every day challenge of youth unemployment and competitiveness of EU.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
The major expenses are: Travel costs and accommodation of the start-ups for 3 month in Ruhr incubator. Prototyping cost and materials. Honorary of trip preparation, consultancy, guiding through the innovation landscape and general questions of start-ups. Supporting the PR and market consulting. Organization of the Creative Business Cup and selection process. Travel cost for Incubator representatives to Ukraine for Residents selection and interviews. Pitching costs. PR expenses and events.