North-Caucasus Federal University
On the base of North-Caucasus Federal University (NCFU) Incubator of Social Entrepreneurship (Incubator) will be established. It will educate students from 7 republics of Northern Caucasus to become social entrepreneurs. The region will get professionals able to solve social problems by means of social entrepreneurship (SE), youth employment rate will be increased, social tensions in regional community will go down.
Stavropol, Northern Caucasus region, Russia
Youth unemployment and migration is one of the acute problems in Northern Caucasus. This problem can be solved through their involvement into SE. In Russia number of universities are dealing with separate aspects of this process, but there is no system of education: training on theory of SE, development of practical skills and getting of the experience of the establishment of own business. For the first time in Russia Incubator of SE will introduce complex system of youth SE development.
The aim of the project is to establish an incubator for social entrepreneurship at the NCFU, while the mission for the incubator would be creating a new (to the North Caucasus) generation of social entrepreneurs.
NCFU developed Road Map of the establishment of Incubator. July 2016 – International Summer School “Ecosystem of Social Entrepreneurship in Northern Caucasus”. July-September 2016 – development of educational program for beginner social entrepreneurs. October 2016 – opening of Incubator. October 2016 – February 2017 – on the base of Incubator implementation of educational and consulting program for students with participation of the representatives of German Hubs and Russian Foundations. February 2017 – Regional Conference where Association of social entrepreneurs will be established. Association will be coordinating Incubator’s activity with involvement of stakeholders from 7 North-Caucasus republics.
- students interested in learning social entrepreneurship while studying at the university;
- high school students and students of vocational training colleges;
- young people planning to be involved in social entrepreneurship;
- young social entrepreneurs;
- representatives of public and municipal authorities of all levels;
- business people willing to get involved in social entrepreneurship while running their major businesses;
- university teachers running academic degree programs tha
The innovation part of this project is that it implies employing a comprehensive approach to training youth to be further involved in social entrepreneurship. The incubator in question is to become a site where students would be able to establish their own socially oriented business while studying at the university. This site would offer students majoring in various areas (both Bachelor’s and Master’s) a chance to develop practical skills in terms of designing and establishing and their own busi
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
- organization of educational events, conferences, etc. - fee for invited experts and coaches, etc. - salary of project staff - administrative expenses