Federation of Social Organisations Warmia and Masury Voivodeship FOSa
Stowarzysszenie Przyjazny Dobrocin
By definition is a senior a person older than others.. but there is more to it than meets the eye.
Our main objective is triggering citizenship - using the potential of senior citizens as a source of knowledge, competence and experience, and exchanging this, for the tehnical skills and the modern world vew of the youth. We want to involve local communities from Poland and our partner countries in exchange of " living and teaching democracy and open mind social attitude.
With this project were going across generations. Old and young together diskussing the past and future of democratic processes and development of democratic societies in their countries.
For this a face to face exchange between groups of peoples is required. We will talk about stereotypes and fear induced by mass media; about how to make News friendlier.
We are aming for comparison of situations in different countries and optimization the methods.
How to live democracy, Seniors&youth together, events which drives cultures and traditions of the participants closer.
A review of the process and a written policy paper for understanding and comparing eachothers methods.
ISS - Initiative silver sharing
Triggering citiyenship, education measures and touristic activities for seniors in european context.
1. Intergeneration of educational exchange (preparation for educational travel within the framework of the ISS) Including the ICT and the linguistic and multicultural education
2. Preparation and elaboration of research
3. Organizing group travelling
4. Triggering a civic conduct bz means of non-governmental organizations, multicultural learnig, old&young exchange
5. Education&touristic activities
6. Face to face and online meetings
7. Social Media
1. The target is involving senior citizens in the exchange of democratic understanding and using their potential as a source of knowledge, competence and experience.
2. Also bringin to the atention of Local Government the importance and problematics of senior politics.
In this project we are working with: disabled people, seniors, youth and volunteers from several countries.
We use extra-curricular and development activities. We developed the ISS method which we provide and use for a better understanding between people from different cultures and backgrounds. Poland started for the second time a major transformation process, and this process needs more undarstanding and cooperation between generations.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
25000 EUR travelling costs, 5000 EUR translation work , 2000 EUR PR costs, 5000 EUR publishing of results 5000 EUR personnel expenses 5000 EUR office costs 5000 EUR other costs