PRIMAVISTA invites immigrant's communities to participate in live performances translating theatre plays from their original cultures into german and puts the "ready to perform" texts at dispposal for free download from our online archive to over 500 theatres in german speaking countries.
1. Translation skills are always an important issue regarding integration and culture transfer. PRIMAVISTA incentivates immigrants' communities to recognize the value of this specific skill putting them in the center of the project.
2. A deeper knowledge about theatre itself as an art form and the specific insight it brings about cultural diversity depend on translation.
Therefore culture tranfer happens in diferent levels: in the production of the translations, the physical presence of diferent communities in the theatre space and through the commuication of the artistic content of the texts.
Concrete success from PRIMAVISTA will be fully acchieved when: 1. theatres decide to stage the plays and order new translations, 2. immigrants feel "represented" and more interested to come to the theatre, 3. the PRIMAVISTA method is adopted by other countries for translation in diferent languages. Our mission is to help spread knowledge showing how artists from diferent cultures treat common issues and to begin a dialogue about those diferent perspectives. Both repertory and audience in the theatre would get more international. That is the contribution PRIMAVISTA offers to social integration, mutual understanding whithin our field of action: the theatre.
1. Academic workshops with students (Translation Dept., Vienna University, 1st semester 2016) to prepare translations. This raises the quality of the work, helps immigrants in the performance, drives the students' attention to this specific field of translation, brings younger audience to the theatre.
2. Live performances (2nd sem. 2016) with active participation of immigrants reinforce the value of bilingual skills for socail integration and incentivate passion for theatre. The ludic aspect is given by a "popular" shape like a TV-quiz/show on stage and may be called a "durational performance" (no time frame, until the task is complete).
3. Online archive (free download of translations and general informations about the plays, authors, copyright owners etc.)
Funding requested from Advocate Europe