Internationale Kommunikations Werkstatt (IKW) e.V. in collaboration with Nanook Jamaica
Nanook Jamaica is a conscious enterprise, empowering creatives and entrepreneurs. The UPFEST Tour will connect Caribbean creative communities to European talent and audiences facilitating cultural exchange, creating opportunities for collaborations leading to greater social and economic rewards.
Germany (Focus Hamburg, Berlin and selected Festival locations), Bordeaux, France, Benicassim, Spain
The world needs this idea, but I choose to start my efforts for change at home. In Germany, the majority of the people enjoy fair financial conditions, yet there is still a general unhappiness and stress in the society. However in Jamaica, where harsh economic conditions prevail, a certain joy for life remains. The combination of optimism and strong entrepreneurial spirit that I experienced there is something I would like to bring back home to inspire others. I have seen where exposure to Jamaican culture, on a deeper level than just reggae music, emboldened me to realize my own dreams. Individual growth can spark community development. Resulting social and economic benefits that will develop from a sustainable cultural exchange connection between the Caribbean and Europe are exponential.
We will have:
* Experienced the culture of selected European countries and facilitated a deeper shared understanding of its social and economic structures.
* Finalized market research on the desirability of Nanook offerings in the European market by garnering sales of unique cultural products at locations and online, and established distribution channels for independent, or under-represented Jamaican talents.
* Secured future showcasing and collaboration opportunities for Jamaican creators
* Promoted the authentic Jamaica as a cultural tourism destination, and facilitated Europeans wanting such an experience.
* Explored the feasibility of the establishment of a Nanook “outpost” in the urban spaces of the Ruhr Region to establish ongoing opportunities for cultural exchange.
We are pioneering conscious enterprise and a cooperative business practice, through an approach that supports and facilitates the individual and collective potential of creative communities.
To do so:
* We have confirmed cultural institutions, spaces and festivals in Germany, France and Spain to collaborate with on various activities
* Nanook Jamaica team of creatives has confirmed eagerness to share their culture and enhance themselves by learning about European cultures
* Collaboration opportunities in the various artistic disciplines have been identified. Any relationship must make sense for all parties involved and we consider financial and non-monetary value exchanges
* Assess and analyse long term feasibility of establishing Nanook Europe and ongoing cross-cultural exchanges
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
At Nanook, they are benefiting from the potentiality created when one lives and works with an intention to harness the greatest value for the individual and collective good. All like-minded people interested in giving advice or being a part of UPFEST should contact me. Frohes Schaffen!