Trieste, Italia, Belgrado, Serbia, Sarajevo, Bosnia
Historically, Europe has suffered many conflicts between countries, ethnic groups etc. Diversity has been a source of conflict but it is at the same time one of the greatest values we've got as a multicultural region. Developing activities and projects that promote empathy, understanding and dialogue is the only way to reestablish relationships and extending new links between countries and cultures.
Migration, peace & conflict, diversity, multiculturalism, democracy, dialogue… These are essential issues that would be included in this project in a space of interchange, debate and reflection. We want to make people reflect, react, experiment, put themselves in othe one's shoes and express themselves.
The outcomes of our project would be:
- creating a space for interchange of ideas, reflection and debate on how we understand others’ cultures and how others’ see our own culture.
- overcoming prejudices and stereotypes.
- Creating an environment of multicultural expression and interchange.
- Promoting peace, dialogue, diversity, multiculturalism.
- Facilitating an environment for multicultural friendship and ideas exchange.
During 2015 and 2016 we would like to set up an itinerant exhibition in which artists of different European countries can exhibit pieces of work that have been inspired in a different European country of their origin.
We also would like to develop in the contet of the exhibition different activities realted to the scope of the project: debates, art workshops, presentations, idea labs.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe