The Summer School will embrace near 70 participants from Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Switzerland, Germany, Poland and other European countries 23 July-01 August 2015 in Belarus. Young people will be prepared as PEER EDUCATORS in the sphere of Cultural Learning and Intercultural Dialogue.
Belarus, Lida region, Ponemontsy village
This project promotes active participation of youth, development of cultural and language self-identification of youth; promotes values of peace and respect, values of non-formal education. It creates the conditions for close communication and partnership between youth from different countries.
We expect the following:
- Participants of the School have raised the level of knowledge about culture, history of presented countries and intercultural communication;
- Participants of the School have raised the level of knowledge about non-formal education principles and peer education methodology;
- Participants of the School have run near 60 workshops about culture for near 1500 young people (September - December 2015);
- Near 1500 young people have raised the level of knowledge about culture, history of presented countries and intercultural communication;
- Participants from Belarus speak Belarusian during the School and when run workshops to their peers; (as a basic competence of speaking native language and development of language identification)
1) Organization of Summer School for near 70 young people
2) Running workshops about culture, history of presented countries and intercultural communication for young people after the Summer School at schools, colleges and Universities in the countries of the participants
3) A follow up meeting for the evaluation of the organized workshops and planning next steps
Funding requested from Advocate Europe