The Danish Youth Association of Science (UNF)
The camp is going to be project minded, with the theme “A Greener Future”. The participants are going to solve problems related to the camps theme. Beside academic purposes, the camp tries to develop the social and cultural network of the participants
ISSC is an international camp which, is held annually by one of MILSET Europe’s members. The purpose of the camp is spreading our interest of science among young people, but also to promote international relations between young science students. ISSC is an interdisciplinary camp which, is also marked by cultural exchanges. Hopefully this camp will make the participants realize how important it is to work together with other passionate students from different countries and by doing this get different perspectives on an idea, and together develop a genius idea.
The camp operates under the themes of "Energy, Environment and Innovation" and "A Greener Future". The 50 participants at the camp must during the week work in groups on projects taken from real life, from companies and organizations.
The hope is that they get some new skills that they can take with them in life and hope that they are going to be more effective prospectively in other projects they encounter, whether it is school or at a later job.
• We have sent out our camp poster and flyers to Universities and Gymnasiums located in Denmark.
• Together with MILSET we have advertised in Europe and rest of the World.
• The camp is going to be project minded, with the theme “A Greener Future”.
• Academic facilitators will be there during the camp to help participants in how to resolve the given problems related to the camps theme, how to work in a team and how to effectively plan a work schedule.
• The mass-media will write about the camp during and after the camp is over.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Students can make an application to join the camp on our website. We currently have 19 applicants. For more information check out our website at www.issc.unf.dk - More information regarding MILSET can be found at www.milset.org