Intercultural Scales aims to create a space open for all interested in the arts, music, theater, and various media formats. We want cultural exchange on an equal footing. We want self-determined participation in the artistic-cultural life in Leipzig and beyond. We want to multiply our own skills. We want real social inclusion. We want to take the stage and achieve actual integration ourselves through artistic education. Ultimately, we want civil empowerment for all.
Leipzig and its surrounding region.
Taking the stage not as politicians but civilian players, we firmly believe as much in our democratical rights as our duties. We aim for sustainability on a human level in order to truely live together. We see and consider everyday civilian realities which big government simply cannot address.
We would have an open space for all artistically inclined people and an operational base from which we could work towards a bigger audience and other lively cooperations, eventually even across borders.
- Acquisition of a room & planing of project phases by coordination group
- Finding sponsors for material & equipment
- Offical Opening
- Formation of open communal calendar for rehearsals
- Workshops & Seminars (DJing for Girls, Interactive Theater, Paint Classes, Filmmaking Classes, Radio-& Internetformats)
- Theater Group rehearsals
- Open jam sessions
- Open Couch - open talk show for locals and newcomers to broadcast eventually
- Coordination of Concerts, Performances & events
I believe that analogue networking is still forth more than a thousand social media accounts. Over the past 3 years I have met many refugees who have interests, hopes, and inclinations other than what is covered by the system. If we are given a chance, we can give others one as well.
I aim to bring individual players - locals and newcomers - together in order to enable them to work together and share and multiply their skills in a democratically informed environment.