Europeans need to be re-inspired about Europe in order to solve the urgent problems of the Union today.
Why it is so important to boost the conversation about the new visions for Europe is best summarized by the former President of the European Commission Jose Barroso. In 2013 he stated: “A new narrative for Europe not because we don't remain loyal to the raison d'être of the European community and the European Union; of course this remains valid. But because I think we need, in the beginning of the XXI century, namely for the new generation that is not so much identified with this narrative of Europe, to continue to tell the story of Europe. Like a book: it cannot only stay in the first pages, even if the first pages were extremely beautiful. We have to continue our narrative, continue to write the book of the present and of the future. This is why we need a new narrative for Europe.”
We would like to create an online platform where everyone in Europe can upload an idea аbout Europe. We would like to provide young change-makers with a tool to promote their visions, to look for same-thinkers or to provoke the mental status quo (ex.: TEDx). The platform should be promoted through the network of young organizations in Europe.
1. Elaborating a functional and user-friendly website for video sharing.
2. Contacting national youth organizations from all 28 EU member states.
3. Promotional activities, incl. kick-off events in some of the members states and in the European Parliament.
4. Trying to attract some “success stories” Europeans that will act as “ambassadors” of the idea.
5. Getting inspired about Europe!
Funding requested from Advocate Europe