The project motto is “New Face for Old Things”. The project aim is the rethinking of old buildings functional purpose to modernize the city cultural image and create an open sustainable European space that will promote interdisciplinary exchange.
According to European Research Centers a considerable part of European architecture is neglected instead of rehabilitation. Moreover, there is lack of interest to this issue from the community. Our aim: new rethinking mechanism for European citizens in the attitude to “old things”, enhancing worldview of sustainable development potential.
In our experience we will show how to organize a cultural center in the city, using available resources and activating residents.
“Loft” as a well-known place in Europe has got significant popularity. Idea of “Garden” is wider. It is moving to innovative thinking, perception of a new lifestyle, creating an open space for “live communication” and formation of sustainable consciousness, which will attract publicity to current global challenges.
Today it is believed that the fate of old abandoned buildings is to be rebuilt into a new store or to be completely destroyed. Still we urge to provide locations for "sustainable interaction" for the benefit of our culture, ecology and human potential development.
Beneficiary of our idea is related to the approbation of new methods of human interaction to solve problems, find innovative approaches in time and space usage and networking between the inhabitants of European cities.
In a year after the project realization we expecte that:
-The Programme of initiatives “Let`s Act Together” will be developed and implemented
- Innovative multidisciplinary approaches “Eco-Art”, “Energy Philosophy”, “Cultural Business” will be developed
- MOOC “Europe for Me and Me for Europe” will be provide
Our initiative project will be implemented in Chernihiv (Ukraine). An old warehouse on the balance of our partner University will be transformed into Garden by the way of PRI-steps:
- Preparation: repaired works, decorating, equipment supply for sectors of “Garden”: art-cafe, eco-gallery, neo-library, webinar room.
- Implementation: inviting interested people for participating. Meetings will be held in the format of Open Space. The method “community in action” will be used for the raising of participants’ competitiveness. The exchanges with our international partners from France, Slovakia and Poland will be organized through webinars and study visits.
- Response: The development of information recourses with available materials of the “Garden” results, its presentation to publicity.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
The initiative group of our NGO has experience in conducting social events and cooperating with the projects of EU\UNDP “Community-based approach to local development”.