Generation of Tomorrow
If any you and any me stepped on the wet sand, how would the next wave treat our footprint? EQUALLY
Brussels, participants from all over the world
Society is changing at an ever-high pace, social values are exchanged for new ones. Internet is enabling global citizens to have their say and drive change, but how to ensure positive change? GCSW’s uniqueness lies in its aim to build the foundation for global positive change and cohesion through multicultural, hands-on, reflective and interactive education and a global network of leading partners who gather their methods in a comprehensive package for children’s development. Through GCSW Europe retakes its leading position in sustainable development, advancing the respect of human rights, celebrating the diversity of all and acknowledging our innate equality as human beings. It is our goal to grow GCSW into a movement, scaling it worldwide through partners and driving a systemic change.
We will provide children with a life changing experience to discover how diversity can catalyze innovation and empower them to become “diversity ambassadors” and changemakers in their communities. The Change Lab will give participants knowledge tools, a network and the inspiration to say “I can do it!”. Locally, they will get support to implement their projects, spreading the impact in the community.
Children will develop their empathy, conquering geographical and mental boundaries and raise awareness about discrimination and their role in shaping tomorrow’s society. We also aim to create the first network of partners with leading methodologies in the field of children’s empowerment and non-formal education, composing a unique puzzle of activities aimed at their integrated development.
• Preparatory networking and fundraising events in Brussels, London, Milan and New York starting in May 2015
• Create a world survey to give more children the possibility to have their say on multiculturalism and gather the data in a study on the impact of culture and education for children’s development - May – Nov 2015
• Invite internationally renowned organisations to join our network and co-create the first integrated agenda for peace and changemaking for the Change Lab (eg. Ashoka’s network of social entrepreneurs and Changemaker Schools) – May – Nov 2015
• Contact local partners from various regions and start selection process for mentors and children – May – Nov 2015
• Change Lab in Brussels - April 2016
• Follow-up taskforces and build alumni network – May – Oct 2016
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
We're eager to learn about other complementary initiatives and organisations interested to partner with us in making this happen! Any kind of suggestion is welcome; we're in a constant learning mode and look forward to co-creating the future of education be it formal, non-formal or informal together