Foundation House of Peace
25 years of Roma slums resulted only in conflict of responsibility between municipality and activists, in which we join as mediators.. After 2 years more than 100 people live in training houses and start working or attend to school. We would like to encourage and teach other citizens of Europe a multilevel governance in aim to create, develop and realize together local policy in complicated social problems by: conflict management + participation+ advocacy + complementary models of activities.
Ideas are noble, but methods are the key for local change. Cooperation between all actors, building on resources, dialogue, conflict management, complex approach and empowerment construct evolution instead revolution. Multilevel governance is an answer to the question posed by this program.
We belive we can inspire and theach other citizens and authorities and help them to find bridges between them. They could use it to solve their local, complicated, difficult problems and change european cities together. We hope some of them will do it in one year.
1. Connection with activities and authorities who are involved in long-term social problems
2. Organization of seminnar with active learning workshops:
- conflict management and mediation
- complex approach: diagnosis of problem and resources, project, consultation, test phase, evaluation, implementation, etc.)
- participation - how to merge other
- multilevel governance - structure of common decision and cooperation process
3. Keep in contact with participiants and coaching
We work in such approach since the beggining of Foundation, but 2016-2017 show us how powerfull it can be, when we change lives of more than 100 people totaly. They destroyed baracas and move into houses and it couldn't be possible withous such large cooperation of municipality, NGOs and citizens.
We dedicate the semminar to european authorities and activists who stuck in conflicts and couldn't find common ideas to solve local, complicated problems, build local social policy.