Inevitable change happens - by design or by desaster. We aim to coordinate wise actions of diverse civic organisations as "network of networks" and unite forces with a recognized label. We support people and organisations to make The Big Change to sustainability and resilience happen.
Dornbirn, Austria, Zürich, Switzerland, Vienna,Austria
NGOs are popping up fast to take a stake in the change process in all areas of life beyond politics and the economy: Community Supported Agriculture, FabLabs, Open Source projects, Repair Cafes, Community Housing, Coworking, Education or Health Support for those in need.
To boost their effectiveness and impact, moderated collaboration and professional communication is key. Thus we plan to establish a map of initiatives, showing their portfolio, needs and level of commitment to share common values, defined by FairVITA and audited peer-to-peer or externally. We will establish an exchange for job and task offers, anybody can apply for, to help NGOs achieving their goals. Here is a good example of a map of NGOs for Vorarlberg http://wandeltreppe.net/index.php?id=162 which we may build on.
1) We aim to establish an open meta-network of civic organisations, NPOs and initiatives to promote joint action and boost combined effectiveness, while preserving their autonomy. We envision a model of collaboration with very light governance, where several action teams with members from diverse organisations are formed, work on “magnetic” joint intents by sharing resources - and then may creatively dissolve.
2) One action team designs a FairVITA label with the aim to unite organisations, initiatives and people in the European sustainability / resilience field, together with peer-to-peer auditing and campaigning.
3) Other action teams may form to act on fundraising, common tools, services and processes, or other helpful means to catalyze change and strengthen the meta-network.
1. In workshops, create a shared vision of values, mission, benefits, balance of powers and standards to govern the meta-network.
2. Set the stage by identifying and creating the infrastructure and communication needed to keep crucial meta-network and label processes alive and effective. Create Governance and Management Terms of Reference for the meta-network, their action groups and steering groups.
3. Identify “magnetic” intents, shared by many meta-net members, and ignite action teams to work on them. Members may bring in their energy and self-interest.
4. Coordinate, steer and support action teams in periodic meetings. Be sensitive of the energy flows and ignite or dissolve action teams as needed.
5. By promoting the FairVITA label, build trust in the meta-network and invite others.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
Questions to others: Would your initiative / NGO be willing to use the label FairVITA and share common values to similar organisations? Would you allow others to rate your ethical behaviour (see our prototype here: http://ethify.org/ethicheck/)? Which services would your NGO need most urgently?