Elektrana - Center for Development of Electronic Art and Culture
Are you young? Open minded? Lost contact with yourself and with others? Need a change? Wanna express your potential and creativity? If some of the answers were YES, then our project is for you and we need you on the board! Express yourself, don't repress!
Novi Sad, Ljubljana/Serbia, Slovenia, the Mediterranean region, other EU cities
Dealing with our feelings, need for intimacy and connection, personal and spiritual development – is something which is often neglected in consumerism oriented, fast pace world. It is reminder about our basic psychological needs and human values, reminder of the necessity to reassess philosophy of living – in the machine of rules, political agendas, competitions, humaneness has been lost.
Methodology we plan to apply is interdisciplinary. Team of the project is consisted of the people with different background. We believe that specific combination of the disciplines and innovative approach we plan to use is what makes our idea original.
How meaningful and fulfilled we live is something that concerns all people therefore it is applicable to all countries, nations, subcultures etc.
Aim of the project is to connect people of Europe through common psychological needs, potential to develop and to create.
Participants of the Lab will enhance their understanding of emotional needs and inner potentials through the process of creating and dialogue. Online handbook that will be created on the road will allow broader audience to get familiar with the approach we will use.
Lab, joint activities and creations, online platform, final publication, video and exhibition will incitement responsiveness and empathy towards others. All proposed activities will inspire beneficiaries to continue to work on their personal development and enhance their ability to connect with others. We expect new friendships, initiatives, collaborations, projects as a reaction on the project activities.
• June 2015 -a preparatory period for a team. Making a schedule for a tour.
• PsihoArt Mobile Lab is starting a tour in July 2015 and it is on the tour for 8 months. During this period, online platform will be made as a tool of connection and interaction. Platform will serve also as a medium to show photographs, videos, personal stories, experiences, and as a virtual place for a handbook contains exercises for personal development using expressive arts.
• March and April 2016 - finishing publication and a video; making preparation for the exhibition of the works created during the tour.
• May 2016 - final exhibition and multimedia event
• June 2016 – writing reports.
Funding requested from Advocate Europe
List of the cities/organizations/cultural/community centers that the Lab will visit is not defined yet. So we are open for new potential partnerships in this sense. Let us know if you are interested for the program we are proposing! Would be great if you have a minivan and want to join the team!