Ökológiai Evolúció Alapítványy
Sustainable Eats around Europe:Have you ever wondered if there are green restaurants, cafés, bars and festivals in Europe? Have you ever wanted to eat local and seasonal food while travelling, but could not find the right place? We have been in these shoes and realized: we can solve this problem!
There are so many opportunities for people to travel around Europe: to study, work, volunteer, etc. Ideas spread fast and when one gets used to something in one place (for ex. that there are sustainable options to eat in the city), (s)he is going to look for those options in the other countries as well. So far there are only a handful of organizations that provide information about green restaurants/cafés/bars in their country - but we are sure that there are such places everywhere! With our project, every country could show that they have eateries that care about the environment - and those people and places could be connected.
Sustainable eating is in a big part about local and seasonal food, so the traditional recipes and cooking techniques of the countries could be showcased as well.
We would like to work together with the hospitality industry internationally. We believe that there are tons of best practices, tools and ideas out there that are worth sharing - and there are tons of restaurateurs who would be willing to implement them, if they got the know-how. Collecting these and distributing all over Europe is one of the main goals.
We believe that communication towards the citizens is as important as working together with the professional organizations and the restaurants. To raise awareness about sustainable food consumption and green restaurants, we would like to organize campaigns to which organizations and restaurateurs from any European country could join. The biggest of these events would be a European Sustainable Restaurant Award.
- Collect and contact all the organizations that work with sustainable restaurants in Europe. (In locations where such organization does not exists, other channels should be used to find and contact the sustainable places directly.)
- Build a platform for communication, knowledge and information sharing, and harmonization of the aspects of sustainable restaurants/cafés/bars etc in different locations
- Build European campaigns to communicate the importance of sustainable eating (including the advantages of eating local, seasonal food and less meat and dairy; as well as the problem of food waste)
- Organize the European Sustainable Restaurant Award, with a special prize for Guests’ Favorite
- Build long-term work relationship with the project participants
Funding requested from Advocate Europe