The strength of Europe is its unity - acting on common goals and with common values, while at the same time honoring and celebrating its diversity. Contrary to rising nationalism through protective and fearful populists and politicians, this project aims to teach about the value and richness of peace & freedom, of Europe´s diversity and its cultural heritage. The goal is to develop tools, materials, media and games, which can easily be adapted into different languages and regional circumstances.
Knowledge and education are key to a tolerant and democratic society. This project faces challenges from “enemies of Europe” straight on through grassroots level educational tools. Taking back the narrative about migration (e.g.) can demonstrate, that refugees are indeed not a “danger to societies".
- development of guidelines
- a first set of educational materials and media about European values and its advantages for every society and every European
- cooperation with 3-4 local partners, who chose the schools and institutions,
- practical feedback
- support to continue the project
Inspired by the successful example of the 27-year-old “teaching tolerance” campaign in the USA (www.tolerance.org) ->
3. producing a first set of simple materials and tools in all (3) languages
4. developing a simple online platform (beta)
- utilise all available resources from European institutions
- combine them with local and grassroot
-> “bring the knowledge to the people”
a) simplify the messages
b) portray best practice examples from every region
I am a proud European. Having lived 13 years in the USA changed my view on the continent and the richness of its different cultures and histories. Living in a multi-lingual and diverse family proves to me every day, how important it is for humanity to make a mental step into the 21st century.
This project aims first mainly on the Young, meaning school children, teens and twens. However, from the beginning, it is planned to expand the audience to all age groups - the main adult target group is the 25-35% of doubtful, somewhat undecided middle of every society.
We would welcome any feedback here on this platform or through social media any time. Communication and exchange of like-minded real people is becoming ever more important.