European Bus of Encounters
Initiative Offene Gesellschaft
I see networking as one of the most important activities in activism. Thus, I focused on gathering suitable multipliers: Van Bo Le-Mentzel,Zahnräder Netzwerk, Kübra Gümüsay, Esra Kücük, and many more.
In 2019, the citizens of the member states will vote for a new European Parliament. The current political situation, with the referendum on the UK's exit from the EU, the "refugee crisis" and other problems could lead to an internal European destabilization that can involve devastating consequences for the cohesion of the EU. As a European advocate, and together with partner initiatives, I would like to travel the European member states in a red vintage double-decker-bus for about 3 months.
Poland,Hungary,Czech Republic,Romania,Spain, Austria,France,Italy,Spain,Portugal,GB,Belgium
Supporting democracy through meeting and talking to a socially mixed group of European citizens, strengthening their sense of community, promoting understanding and meaning of the EU, working together on solutions and creating a shared valued manifest, which would be presented to the EU Parliament.
- Appreciation and understanding of the EU idea
- Strengthening the European identity
- Renunciation from nationalism
- Awareness of the European community of shared values
- Enhancement of democracy awareness
- Seeking strategic partners and a team
- Founding an association
- Talking to media multipliers
- Launching a media campaign in 2018
- Planning the route
- Communicating with hosts in their home cities (European capitals)
- Making sure hosts obtain approvals
- Regular team and partner meetings
Our project is about humans of Europe. Throughout our actions (discussions, virtual reality, games, food, drinks) we're empathizing the humanity over economic interests.
As a grandchild of a holocaust surviver I am aware of the importance of the EU and its overall idea to obtain freedom. As a curious social activist I'm into people and their stories. I strongly believe that storytelling has the power to let people open their mind and hearts to their fellow humans.
Target group: eligible voters for the European Parliament, 16+.
To minimize scatter loss we will be focusing on people that are tech-savvy, 16-45.
The video diary, that we will produce can be played on YouTube. The value manifesto will be handed over to EU politician with claims from participants.
- What do you think of this idea in general? - Who should we definitely get in contact with? - Would you support our movement? - Would it be interesting for you to host an event in your city (European capital)? - Would you support our crowdfunding? - Where should we apply for grant funds?